We are a mixed bag of big projects (knocking down walls, installing floors, building storage and furniture....) and smaller, crafty DIYs (drawer organizers, decorative boxes, labels, memo boards....). Why we opt to DIY really varies from project to project; sometimes it allows us to create something bigger and better on a tighter budget, and other times it allows us to create something custom to exactly fit our style and needs.
For everyday repairs, installs and home maintenance, these are the items we keep in a nearby drawer and that we use more than any other tools:
- Utility knife: Opening packages, slicing paper, scraping/cleaning glass
- Safety glasses: Protective eye wear
- Hammer: Quick hanging projects
- Pliers: Tightening pipes, removing shelving pegs
- Tape measure: Project planning, drawer liner installation
- Flashlight: Power outages, viewing dark corners/crevices (cabinets, behind furniture, etc...)
- Screwdriver: Removing electrical plates for painting, opening electronics, tightening furniture
- Level: Hanging projects, furniture/maintenance checks
|utility knife | safety glasses | hammer | pliers | tape measure | flashlight | screwdriver | level|
When it comes to my daily organizing antics, here are the ten items that keep me excited and motivated to tackle any size project (in no particular order):
|silhouette die cutting machine|
|hot glue gun|
|cutting mat w/rotary tool|
Now that you have my top ten, I am turning the mic over to Bryan to find out more about his top ten woodworking tools.
|aluminum cutting guide|
So there you have it, our absolute favorite tools and supplies. Each one of these tools make really wonderful Christmas, birthday and house warming gifts for others, or even for yourself! The majority of them are so wonderfully versatile and can be used for an endless array of projects for years to come.
Now that we have shared our favorites, we would love to know your personal DIY and craft supply loves. What items would you feel lost without? What tools do you find yourself grabbing for multiple times per week, month or year? Any other items that are game changers in your day-to-day projecting sessions?
Find my favorite painting supplies here.
* affiliate links used