Papers always seem to be a nightmare. It's one of the main items I receive questions regarding, and I am the first to agree that paper is a constant battle to keep maintained and under any type of control. You add kiddos into the mix, and you have some major paper pile monsters to tame!
Today I am going to address that question that I have been receiving by the boatloads, "What is the most effective yet stylish way to organize all of the paper piles?”
And such a great question it is. As you can imagine, most individuals manage all of their incoming mail and paperwork either in their entry, kitchen/dining or living rooms. That’s where we enter the home. That’s where the kids unload their backpacks. That’s where the home’s hub typically is. So even if you have an effective and practical system, it can also quickly become potential clutter and eye sores, and it’s not always easy to marry the two.
But can you imagine the fun I had online window shopping for paper organizers? Wow. So much greatness out there!
- I am gaga for the clean look of these magazine files, and because they are also magnetic, you can attach quick notes to each member of the family to the fronts!
- This cube option allows each member of the family to have their own “slot”. The cube itself can either be left out or tucked behind a cabinet door!
- How smart is this desktop organizer? Keep paperwork/files order and visible with the six-slot organizer which has the option of being desktop or wall mounted!
- The Pottery Barn Daily System always seems to be a win but it also comes with a hefty price tag. Bed Bath & Beyond offers a similar look for a fraction of the price!
- You all know what a fan I am of the pretty colors and endless design options offered by The Macbeth Collection, and these wall buckets are no exception! They would look amazing for years in any space!
- This desktop organizer is super space saving! It’s a great solution to keep at your counter since it’s just as cute as it is functional!
- Looking to organize papers on a mega budget? Take a manila folder and use either hot glue or packing tape to seal the outer edges. Add a label to the front and a strong magnet to the back and slap it on the side of the fridge. Instant paper pouch!
- This wall file holder would dress up the walls in any space! I can’t get enough of the lovely white cutout pattern; it’s an all time personal fav!
- What’s not to love about these stackable letter trays? With all the color options, it’s easy to incorporate them into any space, or assign a different color to each member of the family so they can quickly locate their docs!
- I adore the cottage feel that these wire wall pockets offer. Great for magazines, file folders or papers, these wall pockets will be sure to give your space organization for a lifetime!
Who’s inspired? Are your wheels spinning? And my biggest reminder is to never forget to use the items you find online, as inspiration for a little DIY! It’s always a great idea to check out your home and local thrift stores and give new life to old pieces using some of the ideas from above!
When it comes to keeping a good system, the biggest rule of thumb is to open the mail, recycle the junk and assign each piece to the correlating “in-box” right away. Slot 15 minutes once a week to go through the inbox and handle all the paperwork, which will give you a fresh slate each week!
So who else has a favorite paper taming tip? Anyone DIY any great paper sorters lately, or find one that they just HEART to pieces, that I didn’t mention above?
Pssst. I wasn't paid or perked by any of the links mentioned above. Just thought I would do a little paper sorting window shopping and share the items IHeart most!
Want to see more of how I organize our paper piles? You can check out the "Project Paper" party here.